INRA offers classes at all levels in the different rosemaling styles. Classes are open to anyone who becomes a member.
Typically for our classes:
- Instructions and a required materials list (paints, brushes) are included with the class information packet provided to students after registration.
- Preparation of woodenware including application of design must be completed prior to class.
- Steps will be demonstrated by the teacher and the student will be able to paint areas demonstrated.
Telemark Style Gameboard – September 9 and 10
- Taught by Kristen Birkeland using acrylic paints
- Project: wood gameboard with a paper mâché gamepiece container, included in class fee
- Friday, September 9: 6 -9 pm Central time USA
- Saturday September 10, 10AM – noon and 2– 4 pm Central time USA
- Open to students with at least one previous rosemaling class
- Registration deadline August 20, 2022.
Rosemaling in Os style – Thursdays in August
- Taught by Julie Anderson using Acrylic paints
- $71 for new members (includes $15 dues); $56 for current members
- Thursdays 6:30-8:30 pm instruction; 8:30-9:30 studio time
- Open to students of all levels
- June 1 deadline to register for this session. Contact INRA for openings after this date as the class will be repeated.
June 2022 Ryfylke Rosemaling Box – Jan Boettcher
May 2022 – Beginner Gudbrandsdal in Acrylics with Lise Lorentzen
April 2022 – Os Bracelets – with Denise Richard-Franco
March 2022 – Rosemaled Eggs – with Lise Lorentaen
March 2022 – True Beginner Class – Telemark Coasters with Kim Garrett
January – March 2022 Introduction to Round Objects with Diane Edwards
November 2021 Demystifying Design for Rosemalers – Telemark style taught by Patti Goke, VGM
October 2021 True Beginner Class– Transparent Telemark Style in Acrylic paints with Lise Lorentzen
October 2021 Intermediate/Advanced Class – Fjord Horse Pull Toy taught by Jan Boettcher
September 2021: Gudbrandsdal Style covered bowl taught by Andrea Herkert
July 2021: Rosemaling Style Characteristics by Patti Goke
July 2021: Welcome Plaques for Beginners taught by Lise Lorentzen
May 2021: Mangleboard in Vest Agder Style taught by Jan Boettcher
April 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett (repeat of January class)
March 2021: True Beginner Class: Ornaments in transparent Telemark Style taught by Lise Lorentzen
February 27 to March 27, 2021: March Madness open studio work on projects while on Zoom with other members
January 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett
November 2020: Valdres Style Sled taught by Lois Mueller
July 2020: Hallingdal Style Door Crown taught by Lise Lorentzen