INRA offers classes at all levels in the different rosemaling styles. Classes are open to anyone who becomes a member.
Typically for our classes:
- Instructions and a required materials list (paints, brushes) are included with the class information packet provided to students after registration.
- Preparation of woodenware including application of design must be completed prior to class.
- Steps will be demonstrated by the teacher and the student will be able to paint areas demonstrated.
In 2020, INRA began offering online classes. Students must be able to connect to the internet and have camera capability on their computer/tablet/device.
Intermediate/Advanced Class – Fjord Horse Pull Toy
Teacher: Jan Boettcher
- Class 1 – Two consecutive Saturdays October 23 and 30, 2021
- Class 2 is FULL – Two consecutive Sundays, October 24 and 31, 2021.
True Beginner Class- Transparent Telemark Style in Acrylic paints
October 26th and 28th, 6-9 PM Central via Zoom
Teacher: Lise Lorentzen
Focusing on the true beginner’s need for learning basic rosemaling
stroke work, the class will include instruction for all the steps to completing a beginner rosemaling project. Class instruction will include demonstrations and discussion, prerecorded video presentations and individual feedback. The class will be taught using acrylics and be limited to 14 students.
Telemark design class – November 6 and 13
Teacher: Patti Goke, VGM,
- The class is for rosemalers of all levels.
- Learn how to create your own designs.
- Public registration for this class will begin mid-October 2021.
September 2021: Gudbrandsdal Style covered bowl taught by Andrea Herkert
July 2021: Rosemaling Style Characteristics by Patti Goke
July 2021: Welcome Plaques for Beginners taught by Lise Lorentzen
May 2021: Mangleboard in Vest Agder Style taught by Jan Boettcher
April 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett (repeat of January class)
March 2021: True Beginner Class: Ornaments in transparent Telemark Style taught by Lise Lorentzen
February 27 to March 27, 2021: March Madness open studio work on projects while on Zoom with other members
January 2021: Raudsaumsmaling style on 12″ plate taught by Kim Garrett
November 2020: Valdres Style Sled taught by Lois Mueller
July 2020: Hallingdal Style Door Crown taught by Lise Lorentzen